Health & Wellness
ACLAMO’s Health and Wellness Department is designed to reduce health disparities for Latinos.
The Department ensures our clients have access to essential resources and medical services while promoting healthy behaviors.
- Our team meets with individuals and families one-on-one to assist with health insurance enrollment new, renewal, and recertification (Medicaid, Emergency Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare) and benefits acquisition (TANF, LIHEAP, WIC), including assembling required documentation for submission (income verification, proof of identity, etc.).
- We offer support in the following health care services and others: primary and specialty care, prenatal care, dental care, behavioral health services and early intervention and/or child development services.
- Support includes assistance navigating language barriers, appointment scheduling, information and referrals, and accompaniment.
Community Health Connections Program
- Our team promotes health and wellness through benefits application assistance, intensive support, health care navigation, virtual group education, walk-in clinics and events.
- We support a grassroots Promotores de Salud group in this program that leverages the power of community leaders to bring back important information to others.
- We also coordinate language services, flu shot clinics, and other clinics through this program with the Montgomery County Office of Public Health.