Fatherhood Program Specialist
Part-Time (Afternoons and/or nights, and some Saturdays) (Norristown – Pottstown)
The Fatherhood Program Specialist is a position that is primarily responsible for teaching and support in implementing the Fatherhood Initiative Program Curriculum. They will collaborate with the Executive Director to develop and see through the program curriculum’s success. The Fatherhood Program recruit participation of males in the program, plan, promote and facilitate father involvement activities to Specialist serves to emphasize and encourage self-awareness and a family approach to child development. He/she will create awareness of the organization’s services that can further assist fathers and develop relationships with the fathers to encourage long term involvement with the program. A candidate must be highly organized, flexible, and able to manage an informational and discussion-based class. The ability to effectively engage with program participants while remaining proactive and efficient, all with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Adequate written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail are equally important. The Fatherhood Program Specialist will complete the following essential functions:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes an initial needs assessment and acts upon critical needs appropriately and immediately
- Completes office and home visits as determined in the work plan of the grant
- Develops a comprehensive client-driven case plan with both short-term and long-term goals identified
- Enter data in a state database
- Completes a timeline and measures for each goal with each father/family
- Monitors progress towards goals in regularly scheduled sessions
- Evaluates and adjusts case plans as needed
- Empowers clients to become involved in their own planning and goal setting
- Engages in client recruitment activities
- Provides individualized education on parenting, child development, health and wellbeing, family planning and budgeting
- Provides information on community resources such as child care, transportation and healthcare
- Provides individual and group supportive services
- Organizes and coordinates program workshops. Facilitate the group on relevant topics for fathers as outlined in the 24/7 Dad curriculum and any other relevant topic base on community needs.
- Maintains accurate records of curriculum material covered, attendance, and adhere to the program timeline
- Promotes and organizes community outreach awareness activities of the importance of the father involvement in child development,
- Serves as an organizational representative on fatherhood coalitions and other related groups to coordinate activities and provide support and guidance to fathers in the program.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in social work, early childhood education, health or any closely related field required. Experience in education and fatherhood related programs preferred.
- Complete the 24/7 Dad curriculum training
- Acquired technology skills in Microsoft Office and data entry
- Must be bilingual (Spanish)
- Able to prioritize and manage program session simultaneously and follow through in a timely manner
- Proficient in microsoft word, outlook, excel, and power point.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an
automobile and cell phone
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to
stand for long periods of time, walk distances, and lift or carry up to 32 pounds
- Must obtain the following three clearances:
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police
- Child Abuse History Certification from the Department of Human Services
- Fingerprint based federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent.