Full-Time (Norristown and Lansdale)
The Case Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual client needs. This position is responsible for providing the community in Lansdale with resources and referrals around food, housing, and basic health needs while providing short-term case management to clients.
The ideal candidate will be conscientious and aware of the needs of the specific population that ACLAMO serves and may have prior experience in a similar role. An ideal candidate will be highly organized, a strong and proactive communicator and a leader with previous experience in education. The position includes the following essential functions:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provided core services related to food, housing, and basic health needs in information and referrals for needed health care services in our North Penn Commons office in Lansdale, PA.
• Provide resources, information and referrals in the following areas: food pantries/distribution, primary and specialty care, prenatal care, dental care, behavioral health services and early intervention, and/or child development, health insurance application assistance for families and children (new, renewal, and recertification) and SNAP applications.
• Completes an initial needs assessment and acts upon critical needs appropriately and immediately
• Utilize Visit Tracker, ACLAMO’s client digital database to track data or other databases.
• Develops a comprehensive client-driven case plan with both short-term and long-term goals
• Refers clients to appropriate resources to assist with meeting goals and advocate for special services as needed.
• Provide parenting classes and/or coordinated other life skills trainings for families and/or children.
• Identify eligible, low-income households in the Lansdale borough in need of lead paint remediation and submit intake documents to ACLAMO’s housing team.
• Record accurate documentation of outreach, referrals, program participation, and other relevant activities in a timely fashion to support monthly reports.
• Attend all ACLAMO staff meetings, field trips and trainings
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Possess a Bachelor’s or an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Human Services or a related field
• Must have 2 years of experience in the field
• Fluent in Spanish and English preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft programs, eg. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Work with a variety of data management using standardized methods and job-related equipment including ability to enter and track client’s data.
• Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
• Work at establishing a base of trust with each resident or community member.
• Accept residents and community members “where they are at” while working to assist them.
• Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs
• Observe confidentiality, privacy, and dignity of each person in the program.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an
automobile and cell phone.
- This position will required some nights and some weekends at month.
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, walk distances, and lift or carry up to 32 pounds.
- Must obtain the following three clearances:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance;
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.