Lead Teacher – After School Program
Position Type: Temp hourly employee
The lead teacher will instruct a class of students in ACLAMO’s after school program. The ideal
candidate will have a background in the field of education and be highly organized, flexible and
patient with students. The lead teacher will be responsible for the following essential functions:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan long-term curriculum and daily lesson plans to achieve goals and objectives in literacy
- Lead engaging and practical activities
- Create and acquire engaging, relevant and authentic materials
- Conduct internet research to gather supplementary materials
- Monitor student work and administer assessments
- Develop an effective means of assessing, compiling and organizing student work
- Review data from assessments to ensure that lessons address student needs and the goals and objectives of lessons
- Supervise students during class time, entrance and dismissal, enforcing administration policies and rules
- Coordinate tasks with volunteer tutors and/or teacher’s assistants
- Participate in all ACLAMO staff meetings or trainings
- Maintain the cleanliness of the classroom which will include vacuuming, dusting, picking up materials or supplies, wiping down surfaces and arranging desks and chairs
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- An associate degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, education or any related field OR
- A high school diploma and 1 year of experience in the field of education
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through in a timely manner
- Proficient in microsoft word, outlook, excel, and power point.
- Work with a variety of data management using standardized methods and job-related equipment including ability to enter and track client’s data.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Believe in the academic potential and human growth of all students
- Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an
automobile and cell phone
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, walk distances, and lift or carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must obtain the following certifications and clearances:
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police
- Child Abuse History Certification from the Department of Human Services
- Fingerprint based federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent