Position Type: School Year (Sept-June: Monday thru Thursday, 3:00-6:30 PM)
The After-School Instructor will lead and support a class of students in ACLAMO’s after school program. The ideal candidate will have a background/experience in the field of education and be highly organized, flexible and patient with students. The After-School Instructor is responsible for program implementation, classroom management, coordinating academic and enrichment activities to fit the needs of students, and communication with parents and other instructors during our After School Program for the 2021-2022 school year. The After-School Instructor will be responsible for the following essential functions:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise students during class time, entrance and dismissal, enforcing administration policies and rules
- Coordinate tasks with volunteer tutors and/or mentor’s
- Lead engaging and practical activities
- Create and acquire engaging, relevant and authentic materials
- Conduct internet research to gather supplementary materials
- Monitor student work and administer assessments
- Assessing, compiling and organizing student work
- Review data from assessments to ensure that lessons address student needs and the goals and objectives of lessons
- Maintain the cleanliness of the classroom which will include vacuuming, dusting, picking up materials or supplies, wiping down surfaces and arranging desks and chairs
- Participate in all ACLAMO staff meetings or trainings
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
A college student with a year of experience working with children and youth; OR
An associate degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, education or any related field.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through in a timely manner
- Proficient in microsoft word, outlook, excel, and power point.
- Work with a variety of data management using standardized methods and job-related equipment including ability to enter and track client’s data.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Believe in the academic potential and human growth of all students
- Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an
automobile and cell phone
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, walk distances, and lift or carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must obtain the following certifications and clearances:
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police
- Child Abuse History Certification from the Department of Human Services
- Fingerprint based federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent