UC Benefits Specialist
The UC Benefits Specialist is responsible for providing comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of client needs in the UC Navigator Benefits Program. She/he will support clients to navigate the UC system and to apply for UC benefits.
The ideal candidate will be conscientious and aware of the needs of the specific population that ACLAMO serves and may have prior experience in a similar role. An ideal candidate will be highly organized, a strong and proactive communicator and a leader with previous experience in education. The position includes the following essential functions:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide core services related to all aspects of the UC Navigator benefits program and referrals needed for clients
- Provide resources, information and referrals in the following areas: educate participants in UC eligibility, dispel any rumors about applying for benefits, and remove barriers to accessing and completing applications.
- Assists with the enrollment process with ensuring clients apply for benefits they qualify for.
- Completes initial needs assessments to focus on individualized care for each client.
- Aid clients in navigating the UC Benefits System with a focus in continuous care.
- Develops comprehensive client-driven case plan with both short-term and long-term goals identified.
- Refers clients to appropriate resources to assist with meeting goals and advocate for special services as needed.
- Record accurate documentation of each case, outreach, referrals, program participation, and other relevant activities in a timely fashion to support individual and team monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Attend all ACLAMO staff meetings, and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned as appropriate and determined by the organization.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Possess a Bachelor’s or an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Human Services or a related field
- Must have 2 years of experience in the field.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish language required
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, eg. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Work with a variety of data management softwares using standardized methods and job-related equipment including ability to enter and track client’s data.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Work at establishing a base of trust with each resident or community member.
- Accept residents and community members “where they are at” while working to assist them.
- Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs.
- Observe confidentiality, privacy, and dignity of each person in the program.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an automobile and cell phone.
- This position requires occasional nights and weekends.
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, walk distances, and lift or carry up to 32 pounds.
- Must obtain the following three clearances:
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance;
Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and
Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.