Student Lead Tutor 6th Grade
Part Time Position (15 hours/week)
The Student Lead Tutor will lead and support a class of students in ACLAMO’s Mentoring Program. The Student Lead Tutor is responsible for program implementation, classroom management, coordinating academic and enrichment activities to fit the needs of students, and communication with parents and other instructors during our Mentoring Program for the 2022-2023 school year. The Lead Student Tutor will be responsible for the following essential functions:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise students during class time, entrance and dismissal, enforcing administration policies and rules.
- Coaching and guiding students to meet their academic goals.
- Strengthening students’ study habits and identifying how each student learns best.
- Create individual plans for academic success for each student.
- Coordinate tasks with volunteer tutors and/or mentors.
- Lead engaging and practical activities.
- Create and acquire engaging, relevant and authentic materials.
- Conduct internet research to gather supplementary materials.
- Monitor student work and administer assessments.
- Assessing, compiling and organizing student home
- Review data from assessments to ensure that lessons address student needs and the goals and objectives of lessons.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the classroom which will include vacuuming, dusting, picking up materials or supplies, wiping down surfaces and arranging desks and
- Participate in all ACLAMO staff meetings or
- Other duties as
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in education or associate degree from an accredited college, community college or university in education or any related field
- A high school diploma and 2 years of experience in the field of education.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through in a timely
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Work with a variety of data management using standardized methods and job-related equipment including ability to enter and track client’s
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Strong communicator, both written and
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational
- Believe in the academic potential and human growth of all students
- Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an automobile and cell phone.
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps among other physical abilities. Adjusting, lifting up, carrying up or moving objects up to 35 pounds in all directions.
- Standing or sitting for prolonged periods, walking and working on your feet for a minimum of 6 hours at a time.
- This position requires occasional work some nights and Saturdays.
- This position runs the course of the school year (September-June), Monday through Thursday, 3:00-6:30 pm.
- Must obtain the following three clearances:
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance;
Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and
Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.