The Outreach Organizer will work under the leadership of the Business Development and Public Affairs Manager. This position is responsible for providing the community in Lansdale with resources and referrals around food, housing, and basic health needs while providing short-term case management to clients. The Outreach Organizer will also support the Norristown Main Office to engage community members around the county in state-wide and local advocacy campaigns related to education and immigration. The Community Organizer will work with key professionals from different organizations to successfully execute job responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be a strong written and verbal communicator, and a trusted member of the community. The Outreach Organizer will be responsible for the following essential functions:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop an outreach plan along with the Business Development and Public Affairs Manager.
- The Outreach Organizer is responsible for providing core services related to food, housing, and basic health needs in information and referrals for needed health care services in our North Penn Commons office in Lansdale, PA.
- The candidate will provide resources, information and referrals in the following areas: food pantries/distribution, primary and specialty care, prenatal care, dental care, behavioral health services and early intervention, and/or child development, health insurance application assistance for families and children (new, renewal, and recertification) and SNAP applications.
- The Outreach Organizer will be responsible for intake and reporting related to the contracts they are responsible for carrying out. They must utilize Visit Tracker, ACLAMO’s client digital database to track data.
- Record accurate documentation of outreach, referrals, program participation, and other relevant activities in a timely fashion to support monthly reports. Monthly reports will be submitted to the Business Development and Public Affairs Manager or any assigned supervisor.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with community institutions including partner organizations, businesses, service providers, etc.
- Provide case management services, information and referrals, and support for clients, students and families.
- Identify eligible, low-income households in the Lansdale borough in need of lead paint remediation and submit intake documents to ACLAMO’s housing team.
- Conduct a variety of outreach activities in the community to engage and recruit families that supports the messaging of the campaign ACLAMO is working with, particularly fair funding in PA public schools and immigration.
- Work to advise, recommend, and consult on advocacy change and policy in alignment with ACLAMO’s vision and mission. These decisions will be made with the Business Development and Public Affairs Manager and the Executive Director.
- Meet with the organizations who run the campaign(s) to be informed of key updates and bring those updates back to the team.
- Promote and support opportunities for applicants and volunteers to participate and engage in our program and advocacy work.
- Record accurate documentation of outreach, referrals, program participation, and other relevant activities in a timely fashion to support monthly reports.
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical standards of practice with families and co-workers.
- Maintain the cleanliness in the offices and common areas which includes vacuuming, dusting, picking up materials, wiping down surfaces and arranging desks and chairs as needed,
- Alert the supervisor of any need for social services that an individual may have, and refer them and his/her family to the social services department.
- Attend all ACLAMO staff meetings/trainings.
- Other duties as assigned as appropriate and determined by the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in education, or any related field OR an associate degree with two years of experience working with community members.
- A commitment to working some hours on the weekend
- Ability to be a team leader, to make meaningful decisions and provide effective solutions
- Bilingual(English/Spanish) preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, outlook, excel, and power point.
- Work with a variety of data management using standardized methods and job-related equipment including ability to enter and track client’s data.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Work at establishing a base of trust with each resident or community member.
- Accept residents and community members “where they are at” while working to assist them.
- Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs.
- Observe confidentiality, privacy, and dignity of each person in the program.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an
automobile and cell phone.
- Schedule will be created on a bi-weekly basis based on need and schedule of candidate.
- This position will required some nights and some weekends at month.
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, walk distances, and lift or carry up to 32 pounds.
- Must obtain the following three clearances:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance;
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.