Housing Case Manager
The Housing Case Manager is a housing advocate specifically trained to provide guidance and counseling to community members around housing issues. This positions will be responsible for providing information and guidance to individuals that will enable them to meet their housing goals. He/She will work with families to identify, apply and provide support for financial assistance. He/She provides accurate, relevant and helpful information to assist clients and potential clients in developing solutions in money management, credit related and housing issues including tenant/landlord agreements and disputes. The ideal candidate will be a strong written and verbal communicator, experienced in working with diverse clients, and proactive with solutions and adjustments. The Housing Case Manager will be responsible for the following essential functions:
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provides individual services to program participants, including intakes & assessment, services eligibility, identification of immediate needs, and linkages to appropriate resources.
Conducts one-on-one counseling with participants, including working with each participant to assess their financial situation, goals and needs.
Assists participants in developing a budget and setting financial goals; produce written action plans that support their goals and review spending habits and budget appropriately.
Completed documentation with clients to complete rental/utilities assistance including collect documentation and submit request to administration.
Tracks outcomes of all applications submitted and gather data so outcomes can be entered into the HMIS system. Enter information into the HMIS system.
Connect clients to shelters, transitional housing and housing centers as needed.
Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations
Researches and implements best pratices, data entry, curriculum, stadistics and/or any other information we may need for program development.
Alert the supervisor of any need for social services that a individual may have, and/or referred them to the social services department.
Design and implement outreach programs and promotional materials to promote and encourage the housing program services
Organized and/or coordinated fair housing and financial management workshops for clients and other community members.
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education, human services or any related field and at least 2 years of working experience as a housing counselor or related field, OR
An associate degree in the above categories and 3 years of working experience as a housing
counselor or related field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, eg. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Work with a variety of data management using standardized methods and job-related equipment including ability to enter and track client’s data.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Work at establishing a base of trust with each resident or community member.
- Accept residents and community members “where they are at” while working to assist them.
- Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs
- Observe confidentiality, privacy, and dignity of each person in the program.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to anautomobile and cell phone
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps among others. Adjusting, lifting up, carrying up or moving objects up to 35 pounds in all directions. Standing or sitting for prolonged periods, walk and work in your feet for a minimun of 6 hours at a time.
- Required working days are Monday thru Fridays and some Saturdays. This position will start at 75% virtual capacity and will eventually move to in-person.
- Must obtain the following three clearances:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance;
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.