Community Health Educator
The Community Health Educator plays a unique role, to inform, educate and organized health related events. This position requires that a candidate is able to identify health needs and create workshops, programs and seminars necessary to bring awareness and solutions to the area of concern. This position also may upport staff with client’s medical plan and follow ups. The Community Health Educator will be responsible for the following essential functions:
Role and Responsibilities in Health and Wellness
Provide education and information on COVID-19 impact, vaccines and prevention.
- Organized and coordinated COVID-19 related clinics and events.
- Developed outreach activities and plans to educate the community countywide.
- Analyze public health issues around COVID impact and organized activities to address the identified problems
- Develop curriculum for and plan lessons for a health education course
- Engage the most vulnerable by answering questions, sign-up for testing and vaccine events, and acquire feedback from community members
- Organized events and coordinated different health and advocacy activities for the community.
- Create and lead seminars that are designed to improve public health
- Work in partnership with the local Health Department, care management organizations and other medical institutions.
- Collect data to ascertain the effectiveness of implemented health seminars
- Create status reports detailing the effectiveness of implemented health seminars
- Work effectively in groups with staff in the education department and in the health and wellness department
- Support food distribution and other clients related activities as needed
- Translate and Interpreted as needed
- Understand the unique health needs of the community that ACLAMO serves
- Attend scheduled staff, team and partners meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A bachelor’s or associate degree from an accredited college or university in public health, human services or any related field and 1 year of experience working with families
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, eg. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Work with a variety of data management using standardized methods and job-related equipment including ability to enter and track client’s data.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Work at establishing a base of trust with each resident or community member.
- Accept residents and community members “where they are at” while working to assist them.
- Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs
- Observe confidentiality, privacy, and dignity of each person in the program
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an automobile and cell phone
- This position requires Saturdays and some nights and/or weekends.
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps among others. Adjusting, lifting up, carrying up or moving objects up to 35 pounds in all directions. Standing or sitting for prolonged periods, walk and work in your feet for a minimun of 6 hours at a time.
- Required working days are Monday thru Thursday and Saturday mornings.
- This position requieres traveling to all ACLAMO offices.
- Must obtain the following three clearances:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance;
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.