The Career Coach serves in a critical role to assist individuals with career development, professional goals and long-term workplace success strategies. She/he supports the student’s skills growth and development by constructing meaningful plans which are compatible with each student’s life goals. The Career Coach use a solution-oriented approach to assist and inform any person who is in need of career advice. Through personal consultations, the career coach helps people identify their specific aptitudes and skills and to realize their career goals. The ideal candidate will be a strong written and verbal communicator, experienced in career coaching, and proactive with solutions and adjustments. The Career Coach will be responsible for the following essential functions:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Career coach assist their clients in identifying personal goals, developing leadership skills and planning career moves.
- Help clients to indetify new employment opportunities, providing feedback on resumes or cover letters and strategizing for a successful job interview
- Advises clients individually and in class presentations regarding resume writing, interviewing and job search skills.
- Design and implement outreach programs and promotional materials to promote and encourage use of career services.
- Researches and implements best pratices, data, curriculum, stadistics and/or any other information we may need for program development.
- Develops, administrates and analyze surveys, processes and other forms/documents needed for the creation of the program including entrepreneurial opportunities. Create new tools for measuring program impact.
- Monitor and maintain protocol that provides support for high demand jobs, certificates, degree programs, and non-credit training options that lead to career advancement.
- Assists individuals in finding career information on the web or in career fairs.
- Work in partnership with community partners to provide wraparound services around proffessional development and career opportunities.
- Alert the supervisor of any need for social services that a individual may have, and/or referred them to the social services department.
- Developed Organized, coordinated bussiness development workshops for clients and other community members inclluding small local bussiness.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education, human services or any related field and at least 2 years of working experience as a career coach or related field,
An associate degree in the above categories and 5 years of working experience as a career coach or related field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through in a timely manner
- Proficient in microsoft word, outlook, excel, and power point.
- Work with a variety of data management using standardized methods and job-related equipment including ability to enter and track client’s data.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, detail oriented, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an automobile and cell phone
- This position will required some nights and 2 weekends at month.
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, walk distances, and lift or carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must obtain the following three clearances:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance;
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.