Academic Program Manager
The Academic Program Manager provides leadership to a team of passionate teaching professionals
as well as being responsible for the day to day operations of the five (5) different educational
programs: Summer Bridge, After School, ESL/Citizenship classes, ADELANTE, and the Family Literacy
Program. The ideal candidate will be a strong written and verbal communicator, experienced in
education, and proactive with solutions and adjustments. Reporting to the Senior Director of
Programs, this full-time, salaried position is responsible for the following essential functions:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan curriculum and develop lesson plans for entire department which target set goals and
objectives for programs including daily lesson plans to achieve goals and objectives in literacy,
math, science and other key subjects.
- Lead engaging and practical activities for students in the education department
- Monitor student homework and administer assessments during educational programs.
- Create and acquire engaging, relevant and authentic materials
- Conduct internet research to gather supplementary materials.
- Develop and implement programs to promote staff engagement in preparing English language
learner children and parents for academic success
- Work directly with the activities and volunteer coordinator to ensure educational activities and
events are effective and cohesive within the larger education curriculum
- Develop supports for students who require it to foster academic improvement, such as one on
one tutoring or small group support
- Serve as a liaison between students/parents, ACLAMO, and the different school districts
- Recruit, screen, and interview applicants for positions in the education department
- Provide direct supervision to the Education Department Staff including the Community Laison
and the Career Coach.
- Provide overall leadership to the education department by setting goals and objectives for all of
ACLAMO’s educational programs
- Provide direction and supervision to all Education Department staff at ACLAMO including annual
appraisals for each staff member.
- Conduct supervisory meetings at least twice a month with entire department staff to review
progress on program goals and objectives
- Coach, mentor and counsel members of the department and answer questions or give feedback
to staff members as needed
- Gather data and prepare performance reports to ascertain the success of all educational
programs including monthly and annual reports
- Follow up with students’ to ensure that supports are effective, and if not, develop new, more
pointed supports or seek out other resources
- Communicate frequently with the Senior Programs Director on the status of education programs
- Coordinated and support all special event activities for ACLAMO including ACLAMO’s annual
Culinary Celebration and Fall Concert.
- Monitor computers in classrooms and laboratories to keep the integrity of the equipment.
Scheduled on time maintenance services with the Business Manager to keep the overall
safety of the systems and the computers.
- Work closely with the Social Services Director to referred students/parents for
information/referral and/or case magement services
- Facilitate adult and youth education and/or workforce training opportunities
- Maintain the cleanliness of the classroom and common areas which includes vacuuming,
dusting, picking up materials, wiping down surfaces and arranging desks and chairs
- Attend all ACLAMO staff meetings, field trips and trainings
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited college or university
- At least one (1+) year of experience working with elementary and middle school students
- Must be Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- A commitment to working most Saturday mornings during the school year
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be a team leader, to make meaningful decisions and provide effective solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, eg. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to work with a variety of data management using standardized methods and jobrelated equipment, including ability to enter and track client’s data
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to believe in the academic potential of all students
- A passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an
automobile and cell phone
- This position requires Saturdays and some nights and/or weekends.
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to ascending or
descending ladders, stairs, ramps among others. Adjusting, lifting up, carrying up or moving
objects up to 35 pounds in all directions. Standing or sitting for prolonged periods, walk and
work in your feet for a minimun of 6 hours at a time.
Required working days are Monday thru Thursday and Saturday mornings. This position
will start at 50% virtual capacity and will eventually move to in-person at the Norristown
Must obtain the following three clearances:
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance;
Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and
Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.