The Counselors in Training (CITs) are youth members of the teaching staff during ACLAMO’s Summer Bridge program. CITs will be responsible for assisting the teachers in the Summer Bridge. As members of the teaching staff, CITs will assist ACLAMO in the academic and social development of youths, grades K-8. As a youth currently connected with the ACLAMO community, CITs will lead a positive example and provide a welcoming environment for the students. The CIT is responsible for the essential functions:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend two staff training sessions prior to start date and attend weekly staff meetings
- Abide by the rules of conduct of ACLAMO
- Work with the teaching staff to implement lessons
- Assist in managing the students during their transportation from ACLAMO to other sites for field trips and other activities
- Assist with the set-up and clean-up of materials for instructional use
- Work closely with an assigned team consisting of ACLAMO staff member and volunteers
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Age 14-17 and ability to acquire a worker’s permit for PA
- Fluent in Spanish and English preferred
- Proficient in microsoft word, outlook, excel, and power point.
- Work with a variety of data management using standardized methods and job-related equipment including ability to enter and track client’s data.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Believe in the academic potential of all students
- Be a passionate supporter of ACLAMO’s mission, vision and programs
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers’ license, automobile insurance and daily access to an automobile and cell phone
- This position requires visual and auditory acuity and the physical ability to ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps among others. Adjusting, lifting up, carrying up or moving objects up to 35 pounds in all directions.
- Standing or sitting for prolonged periods, walk and work in your feet for a minimun of 6 hours at a time.
- Required working days are Monday thru Thursday and Saturday mornings. Must obtain the following three clearances:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance;
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.